New Year's Eve Pickle to drop into 2015
Get here early - the whole thing's over at 7:05
MOUNT OLIVE, NC--Mt. Olive Pickle Company, Inc. will hold the 16th annual New Year's Eve Pickle Drop Wednesday, December 31, 2014 at the Corner of Cucumber & Vine in Mount Olive, NC. The New Year's Eve Pickle descends down the flagpole at the stroke of 7 p.m. midnight - that's 7 o'clock EST, which also happens to be midnight Greenwich Mean Time. (That way, we are official, we shout Happy New Year! — and, well, we don't have to stay up until midnight.)
- • See a lighted, three-foot pickle drop down the company's 45-foot flagpole and into a perfectly preserved redwood pickle tank at precisely 7 o'clock.
- • Watch the countdown of 2014's final hour, from 6-7 p.m., on Mt. Olive's marquee.
- • Enjoy live music by The Harmony Boys from 6-6:50 p.m.
- • Enjoy free refreshments, including Mt. Olive pickles!
- • Bring canned food items to benefit the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina (www.foodbankcenc.org) and receive a chance to win a door prize.
- • Browse the Mt. Olive Pickle Company gift shop until 7 p.m.
- • Several thousand people gathered at the Corner of Cucumber & Vine for the 2014 event (which is a pretty good turnout for a small town of 4,500.)
- • Gates open at 6 p.m. Get here early! The whole thing's over at 7:05...
- • For driving directions to Mt. Olive Pickle, go to www.picklemap.com
- • If you can't make it to the Mt. Olive Pickles Pickle Drop into 2015, make sure you watch our LIVE Webcast here on New Yearâs Eve starting at 6:00 p.m. EST:
Be on the lookout for Ollie!
Check your local paper this November for the New Ollie Ad and some Picklious Savings (Limited availability). And don't forget, Share your picklicious recipes and you could Win A Free Ollie Tee!